Director, Trade & Industry Development
- Tourism Trade and Industry Focus
- Senior Executive Role
- The Director, Trade and Industry Development leads the Trade and Industry Development team providing strategic direction as well as day to day operational management, in regard to the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting on a range of trade and industry development programs and activities to facilitate growth of tourism to NSW.
- The role has responsibility for a number of areas including trade events and famils programs, industry and product development and advice, industry training, development of trade collateral and information resources, as well as relationship management and sponsorship arrangements with key industry associations and stakeholders.
- As a Director, the role is a key contact for other government agencies assisting with supply-side issues and provides a tourism perspective on potential tourism investment opportunities.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience at a senior level in the tourism industry, including the international and domestic marketplaces and extensive experience in tourism trade marketing, promotion, development and planning is essential.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships and networks with the tourism industry and government and a sound understanding of the government work environment.
- Previous experience and extensive knowledge and understanding of the requirements for conducting trade events, famils and international tourism missions.
- An excellent understanding of small business challenges and opportunities in the tourism context.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality trade and industry development and training programs achieving excellent levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Sound leadership skills and the demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate a team of skilled tourism specialists.
- Strong project management and implementation skills to effectively co-ordinate multiple projects concurrently and the capacity to deliver outcomes on time and within budget.
- Proven experience in all aspects of business operations including planning, finance, administration and a contemporary understanding of human resource management.