From the Alice Springs News
The NT Government will maintain the previous level of funding for traveling film festivals such as the Sydney one, opening in Alice Springs for a three day season on Friday, with nine movies to be shown.
Others are Flickerfest, Flicks in the Wet and the Fist Full of Films Festival, says Director of Screen Territory, Penelope McDonald.
She says $165,000 of new grants will help 13 applicants in the first grant round.
Their projects include Outback Paramedic, with producer Dan Falzon looking at the work of paramedics in Alice Springs, and The Long Road, produced by Darwin based Andrew Hyde, exposes the impact of the live cattle export ban on the community in northern Australia.
Writer Danielle MacLean will be supported to develop the feature film Don’t Fence Me In, based on the life of Betty Fisher, and David Tranter and Trisha Morton-Thomas will be supported for the next drafts of their feature film scripts.
Ms McDonald says development activities for the screen industry have also been supported including Fist Full of Films labs and a workshop series to be hosted by the Film and Television Association of the Northern Territory (FATANT) in Darwin and a cinematography master class with renowned Australian cinematographer, Peter de Vries, in Alice Springs in March.
Some previously supported projects include the recently broadcast ABC commissioned documentaries, Coniston, and Croker Island Exodus, and Queen of the Desert, as well features including the Camera d’or winning Samson & Delilah, and Balibo, the film about Timor Leste starring Anthony la Paglia.
Screen Territory has also today announced a new funding round of $100 000 available for applications for project development and production funding closing on 15 March.