Torrens University are hosting Hospitality and Tourism during COVID-19 – here’s the link to join.
Torrens University invites you to a discussion forum on the welfare of the tourism and hospitality industry.
11th Nov 2020
The Tourism News has been notified of a unique event being hosted by Torrens University (Adelaide). The free online event only requires that you tune in to this link at 6.45 pm (for 7) AEST, (for 6.30 ACDT and 4pm AWST) on Thursday 12th November 2020. (Please note the date and time may appear wrong on the link until shortly before the event).
The panel discussion, hosted by Sky News’ Tim Gilbert, with feature
- Stuart Ayers MP who is NSW Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism & Western Sydney
- Chef, restauranteur and TV presenter, Manu Feildel
- Founder of the ‘Buy from the Bush’ campaign, Grace Brennan
The following will be discussed by the panel;
- industry recovery following the effects of the bush fires and COVID-19
- what the pandemic has taught us about the industry
- the impact of the bush fires and COVID-19 on rural communities
- the role state and federal governments will play in the recovery
- the role mainstream and social media can play
- employment prospects
- advice for people working in the industry
As a fantastic mediator between the Australian East and West coasts and consistently punching above its weight culturally, an Adelaide-based university is uniquely placed to comment on the state of the Australian domestic tourism industry.
For those unaware, #funfact: cultural and heritage tourists spend the most per capita.